Blog has moved, searching new blog...

11 April, 2012

Mobile F1 Management Game (Days 8+9)


Wow, yesterday afternoon, I spend my first afternoon on starting to create the racing 'Grand Prix' part of the game, but after a few hours of frustration and not getting anywhere, I decided to leave it.  I was pretty down, and felt that maybe I should give up now on the project...

But, boy! what a difference a good nights sleep makes.  Today, I woke-up with some new ways of working out the problems and started the racing code from scratch.
It's still not finished, but I'm pleased with my progress.  This is really the  critical 'do or die' part of the project, which will mean that I can finish the project or it ends up as yet another unfinished project on my hard-disk, but so far, so good.

Recent Progress:

Qualifying
  • Three timed qualifying periods as in F1
  • All the computer cars go out and qualify (at this moment they do only 1 lap, and that's there best possible time).  
  • The user can choose which tyres to use (soft, hard, wet) and this affects there qualifying time.

General &  Race
  • The cars lap times, depend on the car and driver rating.
  • The cars tyre and amount of fuel affect the lap times
  • Positions are automatically updated

I still need to:
  • Work out the tyre wear each lap
  • Implement overtaking (now the cars just change position automatically depending on their lap times)
  • Implement team orders, eg: go fast/save tyres/...
  • Add Pitstops
  • Implement rudimentary AI, such as choosing tyres, deciding on pitstops, qualifying such as the top teams use hard tyres for Q1
  • Add weather to the circuits
  • add chances of accidents, depending on commands, tyres, weather



No comments:

Post a Comment